Try to lose weight gradually. Losing more than a couple of kilograms each month is not recommended.
- Eat small frequent meals /day every 3-4 hourly , this will help your body to metabolise the food faster without gaining weight
- Include 5 servings of vegetables, 4 servings of dairy products, and 4 servings of fruit in a day’s diet.
- Eat until you get satisfied, do not eat full. You don’t need to eat everything on the plate. Listen to the stomach before eating.
- Have Breakfast daily which should be moderately heavy , light working lunch and lighter dinner.
- Try to take small portions of meal
- Try to have meals which are grilled , steamed , boiled or boiled rather than fried.
- Always read the food label while eating packed meals.
- Do not skip eating to lose weight.
- Avoid junk foods and soft drinks.
- Eat on time.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Make your snacks nutritious.
- Be regular in physical activities.
Remember, crash diets won’t help you much.