Cardiac consultation is a medical program done under the supervision of a cardiologist for those who have been suspected or diagnosed with any heart disease. People who are recovering from an angioplasty or heart surgery can also be a candidate for cardiac consultation. It is done in order to help the patients in faster recovery and to improve their overall wellness. It is an opportunity for the patients having a face-to-face discussion with the doctor regarding their heart health issues. A cardiac consultation program will contain the following tests:
- Preventive cardiologist’s consultation.
- Stress test
- Lipid Profile
- Diet counselling
- ECG monitored exercise
A candidate for cardiac consultation can be one:
- Who suffer from chest pain
- Having an ancestral or family history of heart disease
- Who has a high blood pressure
- Who is a diabetes patient
- Who has measured to be overweight
- Who had a heart failure
- Who overuses tobacco/alcohol
- Who has a Cardiomyopathy
- Who has undergone for cardiac procedures such as-
- Heart Transplant(delete)
- Bypass Surgery
- Heart valve surgery
- Stent procedure etc.
A cardiac consultation has numerous advantages:
- Lower risk for heart problems in the future
- Increased heart function and strength
- Reduced Cholesterol levels
- Improved energy levels and physical fitness
- Weight loss
- Increased ability to perform tasks
- Reduced blood pressure
- Helps in managing stress etc.
After analysing all the medical records and test result, the cardiologist will determine the suitable treatment method for the patient after the cardiac consultation.
Click here for Contact with cardiologist