A chest pain comes due to many reasons, it may range from a severe stab to a dull ache. Depending on the person and the cause, chest pain may vary in intensity, duration and time. Sometimes chest pain may be associated with the following:
- Shortness of breath
- Light headness
- Severe or dull pain in neck, arms or chest
- Stabbing or burning sensation
The possible causes of chest pain include:
- Heart-related causes: A chest pain may be caused due to heart-related causes like Heart attack, Angina, Aortic dissection and Pericarditis.
- Digestive causes: The digestive disorders which can cause chest pain are Heart burn, Gall bladder or pancreatic problems and Swallowing disorders.
- Muscle and bone causes: Some chest pain may be associated with injuries or structures of the chest wall which includes, injured ribs, sore muscles and costochondritis.
- Lung related causes: Chest pain caused due to lung disorders are collapsed lung, pulmonary hypertension, pleurisy and pulmonary embolism.
Other causes: Other causes of chest pain are shingles and panic attack.
- Heat-related symptoms: A chest pain associated with heart problems may include other symptoms like Chest pressure, dizziness, nausea, abdominal pain and back, jaw or arm pain.
Lung related symptoms: Lung related chest pain symptoms include, pain when cough, sneeze or breathe, fever, chills, shortness of breath and wheezing.
- Gastrointestinal symptoms: Chest pain caused due to gastrointestinal problems includes symptoms like heartburn, burning sensation in chest or throat and vomiting
In some cases chest pain may be caused due to bone, muscle or nerve problems like rib problems that worsen with coughing or breathing, muscle strain caused due to inflammation of muscles and tendons between the ribs and shingles that may caused due to varicella zoster virus.
When to see Doctor?
If you have severe chest pain that does not go away along with low heart rate or blood pressure, rapid breathing, crushing under breast bone or excessive sweating.
Fayth Clinic with various branches across Mumbai provides best diagnostic services and treatment for chest pain with the help of expert doctors and other staffs.
Visit us : www.faythclinic.com
Mail us: email@example.com