The term ‘Food handler’ refers to people who directly touch open food as a part of their work. Those who are involved in the processing, manufacturing, production and preparation, sale and serving of any foodstuff including water and beverages. However, it also includes anyone who may touch food contact surfaces or other surfaces in rooms where open food is handled.The term can therefore apply to managers, cleaners, maintenance contractors and inspectors.
Food handlers are required to receive food safety training& a proper health screening to prevent any hazards or risks that can cause harm to themselves and the public.
Factors that cause food borne illnesses and increases the risk of microbial contamination:
1. Poor personal hygiene.
2. Improper food holding temperatures
3. Improper cooking temperatures
4. Contaminated Equipment
5. Foods from unsafe sources.
Diseases spread by Food-handlers:
1. Chest and Respiratory diseases
2. Blood borne infections
Safety Precautionary measures to be taken by Food handlers:
1. Wash and clean dry your hands before handling food.
2. Wear gloves and aprons to avoid any risk of contamination.
3. Keep proper personal hygiene (skin, nails, teeth & gums, ears & eyes)
4. Avoid loose hair & sweat to come in contact with food.
5. Report to the manager in case of illness.
6. Food handlers must report to their manager if they suffer from any of these:
9. Sneeze, Cough & Cold
12. Wounds & Lesions
13. Stomach pain
17. we provide vaccination and food handler certification.
18. Typhoid, Hepatitis A, Influenza & others.
Fayth Clinic provides and guides the food handlers with health screening packages to identify the underlying problems and diseases early and educate them to avoid pathogenic contamination when working. It offers tailor made packages for the different occupational platforms as per the need and requirement of the organization best suiting the routine pattern of the working of their employees.
Health checkup programs help the organization to protect and prevent their employees and in turn benefits in the productivity of the work.