Most people know the fact that, regular physical activity can keep one fit. It is recommended medically to make exercise a part of the daily routine. Teenage is one of the most difficult time to be time-oriented. Teenagers may not always remember to exercise. So, it can make more interesting by joining a gym or sports team. This will help the individual to exercise on a regular basis. Apart from exercise, other things that a teenager must keep in mind for maintaining a good health include:
- Being positive and fun-loving: To maintain a good mental health, physical exercise is essential as it releases endorphins , which is the feel good hormones , which in turn stimulates the individual to feel good and have a more positive approach to life. A positive approach to life is the best way to achieve good mental health. Be active and find good friends to join with. Enjoy and share with friends and family. Build healthy relationships in the society.
- Take single steps at a time: Make small changes in lifestyle. Do not start everything at once. Begin with something smaller and proceed gradually. This goes a long way to creating a healthy and fulfilling life
- Include activities to make your heart work better: Including aerobic exercise in the daily physical activities can help the heart work well. It helps increasing the heart rate and breath harder. It also helps the lungs to work better. Some of the aerobic activities that you can choose are- running, swimming and basketball or any other sport which involves physical activity.
- Remember to warm up: It is recommended to have some easy or simple stretching activities before going for heavy physical activities. It will help to warm up the muscles and protects from injuries. Warm up activities can make the joints and muscles more flexible. Do not forget to stretch out after the exercise.
To stay fit, you must consider the needs of your body well. Understand your body type and plan your nutrition with the help of your doctor or dietician. Remember, excessive exercise activities may not help you to achieve anything better. A few lifestyle changes accompanied by physical activities will make you smarter and fit. Follow these tips to be smarter:
- Reduce the time you spend on watching TV, laptop, mobile or having fun with the computer game. You can even use this time better by doing exercise while watching TV.
- Healthy eating habits are always vital. Eat small frequent meals /day every 3-4 hourly, this will help your body to metabolise the food faster without gaining weight
- Include lots of fruits and vegetables in your diet as it is high in antioxidants and help to improve your skin and hair
- Drink plenty of water.
- Avoid drinking soft drinks.
- Avoid junk food as much as possible.
- Sleep 9-10 hours every night.
- Make a plan or schedule and stick to it as much as possible
- Say no to alcohol, cigarettes, and drugs.
- Take care of your health and visit your doctor for your regular checkups
- Being healthy during teenage is important to maintain the health till the old age.